What I had planned for today's new thing fell through, so I ventured over to the Hobby Lobby to pick up a new hobby. After browsing the cross stitch patterns of kittens in baskets and rows of pipecleaners and clay I settled on soap making. So today, I made homemade soap. I may have cheated though, because as I was telling one of the AmeriCorps members about purchasing the kit, she jokingly pointed out that I should have just used rendered animal fat.
Making soap this way is really quick-like 5 minutes quick. All you have to do is heat the soap up in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it is liquid, stir in a couple drops of scent ( I purchased peppermint and fresh rain) and a couple drops of dye, pour it into a mold and BAM you have soap.I wanted to add something to one of my bars of soap so I used one of the decorative metal keys Mike's mom gave me for Christmas and put it in one of the bars. (I love keys)
Overall I had fun making something and it was good clean fun. ( pun intended)


No comments:
Post a Comment