Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 15- Sealed shut

Still not feeling great, so today I looked up simple home remedies to cure the flu or cold. I found this very interesting idea to put unpeeled onions in bowls around the house and it is supposed to help relieve symptoms of the flu or prevent it. Unfortunately we were out of onions so I wasn't able to try it.
However googling household tricks did lead me to what I was able to accomplish for today's new thing and that is unsealing a sealed envelope without damaging it. All you have to do is put the sealed envelope in the freezer for a couple hours and then use a butter knife to open it up. I wanted to see if this actually worked and it did-sort of.
The first envelope I tried was a piece of junk mail from a credit card company.

After 2 hours in the freezer the seal would not budge. So I tried using a different envelope that I had licked shut and after an hour it came open easy breezy. I was then able to re lick it shut making my previous entry undetected. This probably was a far more impressive skill back when people actually used the postal service, but nevertheless it was fun to feel sneaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment