Okay time to kick this project off! For day one, I decided to face my grade school fear. No, not change in the locker room, but close and equally embarrassing- I did pull ups at my gym. My normal routine lately has been 30-45 minutes of treadmill and then a couple weight lifting machines. Today I decided to change up my routine and used the elliptical (not that out of the box for me) and then searched for a machine I would have normally been too scared to try.
After scoping out all the machines I've never done before, I decided on the pull up machine. Being exercise machine illiterate, I asked an employee to demonstrate and then hesitantly tried for myself. As the employee stood there watching if I could do it properly-I had Mike snap a photo. I think I look happier than I was in the photo- I was struggling to get my self back up and thinking about how much it sucked in elementary when I wasn't strong enough to pull myself up in front of the whole class.
So I am pretty happy with Day 1, I learned how to use new gym equipment and I think I will continue to use it with my new found knowledge.
No comments:
Post a Comment