Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 16-Tapping into my problems

Today from the advice of Oprah, I gave myself time to meditate. I decided I rather watch a video on how to do it than read an article so I searched on youtube. Admittedly, I am a card carrying member of the fastforward generation.  So when I started looking at all of the videos with their deep explanations of how meditation works and the history, I felt myself growing impatient. I want to meditate now dang it..and fast!
Eventually, I came to my senses and gave a woman with the username averagegoddess a shot and it was pretty interesting.
She explained a technique called EFT Emotional Freedom Technique. She described it as acupuncture without the needles.
This is how it worked. You think of something that is bothering you. You give it a rating of 0-10.
Then tapping these 9 different parts of your body, you recite what is bothering you but say despite this you still love and accept yourself. Then after you tap all the parts you rate yourself again. This is supposed to release the blockage of upset feelings.

I tried it twice-once for something that has been bothering me personally and the second time was for my flu to go away. I still feel the same, but I figure the first time is just a test run and I will need to keep doing it repeatedly.

If you are looking for a MUCH better explanation than I can give please see her video:

No comments:

Post a Comment