Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 34- like a Natural Woman

 I am trying to learn more about natural remedies or at least using products from around the house for my beauty needs. So today I was rummaging around the house  and found a carton of Epsom salt my best friend had gifted me for a craft project.
I googled uses for Epsom salt and found there were several. So tonight I simply used epsom salt to make a face wash. Combining a plain facial soap and the salt created a really nice exfoliant cleanser. My skin is unbelievably soft and this is so much cheaper than what I would have picked up at walgreens. I also saw that you can use the Epsom salt to help with oily hair and a hair volumizer.

I think the next time I make my soap bars I am going to add some Epsom salt to make an exfoliant soap bar. A couple drops of peppermint oil and wow I think that would be a very invigorating experience!

I finished off my face wash with applying some tea tree oil to blemishes. If you choose to do this though, make sure no one is around as tea tree oil has a very distinct smell that takes some getting used to.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I work with the Epsom Salt Council. I came across your blog and was curious, have you seen our website? If you enjoyed the Epsom salt face wash and are interested in other beauty tips using Epsom salt, you can find more recipes here http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/beauty_usage_tips.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Thanks for sharing, I will for sure check it out.

    ReplyDelete